The "canvas" is made from cardboard and foam core board. So it was really cheap but it's a little unstable. I think I'll make my husband hang it up. I feel like I really slacked off today, but I actually got done the things that needed to be done. The kids and I also made plaster of Paris "rocks" to decorate the garden and I made these:
Big tissue paper flowers! The one on the left is supposed to have a button in the center. Not sure that worked. I made that flower by placing a strip of blue randomly distributed through the layers of light brown. The other two have a shorter contrasting color center. I think they look like anemones.
The way to do that is thus:
Whatever you want your middle to be you cut with less width than the rest of the tissue paper. The above is the blue flower before i tied the center and pulled up the layers. Other than that these are standard cinco de mayo flowers.
That light brown is all old sewing patterns from Pennywise, a thrift store I love. I also used these papers on the butterfly art.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone